InstantBlue™ is a ready-to-use Coomassie protein stain for polyacrylamide gels. Its unique mechanism of action stains proteins in 15 minutes leaving a clear background and eliminating the need to fix, wash or destain.
- Ultra-fast staining and one-step procedure
- High sensitivity with 5 ng detectable bands
- Clear background with a high signal-to-noise ratio
- Formulated for safe use and easy removal
- Available in a convenient 1-litre premixed volume
Its unique patented mechanism starts staining in a short time, whereas some traditional premade and homemade Coomassie R-250 stains can take three hours or more to fully stain the gels. It is an acetic acid-free formulation that does not methylate or acetylate the protein during staining, making it fully compatible with mass spectrometry. Additionally, the stain is non-toxic and sink-disposable due to its methanol-free composition and requires no microwave, solvent removal, or fume hoods.